Eat, Drink, and be Scary! Enjoy Halloween the Healthy Way
As October begins, many of us are preparing for fall or Halloween parties with all the festivities they bring. But just because you’re throwing an annual party doesn’t mean you have to throw away your health for the month. Try these helpful hints to keep your health from getting tricked this October!
- Whip up healthy treats instead of going batty with sugary sweets
- Keep your bite healthy by brushing with fluoride toothpaste and flossing every day
- Don’t be a zombie! Insufficient sleep is associated with a number of long-lasting diseases and conditions. Adults should get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Be a smoke-free creature of habit. Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body. Make your Halloween activities smoke- and tobacco-free events.
- Scare away the flu and colds by getting your vaccinations and washing your hands. If you start sneezing or “coffin”, make sure to cover your mouth and nose with your shirt!
- Carve out time to be active this October